Wednesday 3 April 2013

Hollow Strings Attached

And when i looked through the long strings of love,they were empty
pro'ly 'cause i'v never been in love,haughty!
not my way or my nature, and so these strings were all amateur
with every falling lash, i blew wishes into the air hoping they'd reach the other end of these strings
...the end i'd never seen.
with days my love shifted from shoes to the endless clues that you gave me,
hoping i'd see how you felt for me, you had all four keys....
and so it grew from infatuation, but i couldnt have been sure so i concealed my elation
...these strings grew shorter but shorter
with your first key you unloked my mind, for i started knowing you more than i know my own kind
and your second got my eyes;suddenly you turned into my golden prize
your third got my heart...'cause everytime you said "i love you",my veins shut!
your fourth,MY soul...you became my only goal
but still i refused to believe it was all true,meanwhile you helped it by calling 5 others 'your boo'
pretending became my norm,sometimes its hard to follow mine-heart



other times were fairytale moments for us, yet i still never knew where i really stood thus
and when i look through the long strings of love,they are no longer empty..
..at the end of these strings is you my baby!
xo,TheFashionPoet

1 comment: