Monday 17 March 2014

Botswana's Own; Third Edition featuring Thapelo Letsebe

2012 November,first spotted by the FashionPoet at Fab Fridays hosted by Blumuffin entertainment.He stunted in a casual over sized green pullover that had a touch of tribal prints, paired with plain skinnies, a haircut to write home about,dance moves that grasped attention and a personality that oozed right out to 50 meters away where I stood admiring this free spirit without him having to utter a word. Almost a year and a half later,he's still devoted to fashion with a particularly unique sense of style and is fast becoming a character to look out for,the ever so fabulous Thapelo Letsebe!
Ash brown high top!Impeccable shot.







"Free Spirit,admire me from the ground, fly with me but never try to cage me"-Unknown



Gaborone based Thapelo in his very early twenties is an aspiring stylist,the co-founder of PuuurSHION blog (alongside Thuto Seane) and a sucker for fashion.He carries a great deal of confidence within him which ought never to be mistaken for pride and this isn't false praise on my part. His distinguishable style that echoes every aspect of his personality has landed him numerous opportunities and recognition.Currently the host of Pap and Fashion radio show on Yarona FM that covers a vast base of fashion related issues on which my blog and I were recently featured :).He has also been featured on TheVoiceBotswana fashion column with Tsholo Dikobe and other fashionistas for a style spread in memory of the Legendary Madiba.(which he totally nailed btw). Also noted by other bloggers on several other fashion blogs as a style crush such as FreeToBePunk but to mention one and has shown face on many social fashion sites for his remarkable well put ensembles.


  







Thuto and Thapelo looking GUCCI! Tribute to Nelson Mandela.

Had a mini online interview with him for the feature.I was profoundly moved by his effortless authenticity and
I must say his "I've got the world in my hands" attitude is almost contagious.

What aspect of life inspires your style?
My family is my number one inspiration!...Love *chuckles* and music come after
King T!


Fashion to you in one sentence...(one sentence became two,had to share both! :p)
Fashion is not,nor will it ever be a luxury or a privilege but a RIGHT!
Fashion is about saying "yes bitch...I breathe better air" without uttering a word.

Spring, summer, autumn or winter and why?
I'm obsessed with summer!! I hate to sound conceited but I love my body,I love revealing it and this particular seasons allows me to do so fully. Also I honestly believe I tend to be more creative than in other seasons.

Your BIGGEST fashion DON'T
  ILL FITTING CLOTHES! Eww!I think I just threw up in my mouth a lil!

Note to fashion lovers 
See, fashion is not about what you wear or how you wear it..its supposed to be a reflection of YOU, an expression of identity. Its all about creating an outer layer of skin!

Thapelo's versatility in fashion from grunge edge to tribal and vintage,speak volumes!A bold statement with few to no words.A quote I've always loved by an unknown author reads;"Free spirit, admire me from the ground, fly with me but don't ever try to cage me".It's best conveyed in his life and fashion culture.Its safe to say he's going places and there's NO stopping him.



Keep up with Thapelo on his facebook "Pap and fashion with Thapelo" page here and keep an eye on their blog here
A big shout out to all my faithful readers.God bless you all.With endless love...



xo,TheFashionPoet

     

1 comment: