Saturday 8 March 2014

"Crushed Roses" for women's day

March 8th of every year is  a day set aside for what in my opinion is the universe's most distinguished species.This piece is dedicated to my irreplaceable mother dearest Mpule Ditirwa, my only surviving grandparent  'Mama-nkuku' Julia Malema, my God-mother and aunt Realeboga Malema,my sisters Charity and Thapelo,all the women in my extended family as well as those who aren' t family but relate to the poem. Happy women's day :)

  Soft pages with sweet phrases of hard-nut cases...
he said my eyes glow like a garden of roses
little did he know behind my smiles and them glossy eyes
i cry a solution of crushed petals as though sprouting from the mouth of hoses
he said my smile illuminates the world
 I said its muscles that involuntarily flex like the hinges of automatic doors
to house souls that have only known 'home' to be dilapidated floors
and lost minds that stay and stray on Earth without a cause
he said my ebony dark hair and its mid rift length were mesmerizing
I let him in on how each strand was for the heart that is abused,a body that is misused and a soul that's been bruised.
he endlessly speaks praise of how my curves are intricately in place
I told him my creator is an artist,his work is his home and home is where the heart is
 he sings of the glory in my silk lined suits and my sky high shoes
despite my hardships I move hearts and inspire aspiring stars without giving out clues
and with the happy masses I fuse, falling slave to defeat and failure iv refused
this is my way and my nature...
so he kept flipping those soft pages with sweet phrases of hard-nut cases
and dwells in his clouded perception of what a woman faces

xo,TheFashioPoet


No comments:

Post a Comment