Thursday 19 September 2013

Lost in Jinan

Took a while to let it sink in! That I was not less than 10 000 kilometres away from what I've called home for near two decades...my mind,well it followed into a trans as I stared out the bus window en route train station..
                                         
                                where was I? 

A family of four all loaded onto a motor cycle reminded me of the comfort that was our family car
watching it puff smoke into the distance reminded me that I was soo far,tar is the norm out on these streets
a cigarette lights up as frequently as your heart beats
and so I'd play this game..where I'd give random men on the streets a name
Tom,Ben.... then I swear I'd see Tom again and after a split second realize it wasn't Tom but Ben
when!when I gave thought to our location I got malistic
and my paranoia wouldn't let me settle so I'd go ballistic
and before I knew it I was out the bus on the streets,not at the train station,alone for real
I was lost in Jinan

My ear could take no more of the sound salads that were meant to set me free
all I heard was a concussion of syllables as though that on a scratched CD
but ye though I walked through the valley of 'no direction' the lord was with me
beyond the clouds of smoke and through my tears of fear I could still see
after a long ride right across the city
on thousands of acres of land stood my university

so I'd say the first day was...well,deep!
the next couple of days were also a little hectic but its a whole other story now!
my new found love...

*Botswana born_China bound*
xo the fashion poet

No comments:

Post a Comment