Wednesday 3 April 2013

voice of MaryAnne the destitute

in the event that i die tomorrow...
bury me today, so i can watch them weep in sorrow
i want to see them grumble and grouse in desolation
i want to see their tears leave their eyes...emancipation:
like that instant when leaves shed from tree branches
i want to see their helplessness and hopelessness like isolated soldiers in trenches
i want to see them battered, bruised, scarred
...and maybe then i'll feel loved

in the event that i die tomorrow...
make today my memorial.Remember me and my deeds
like a Buddhist meditating on prayer beads
remember me and my words like you would the repeat of a comedy
or an omnibus of a soapie
see visions of me over and over again in your heads
cry if you need to,weep and seek me back
act mindless,kindless like an accused retard strapped to a bed
and maybe then i"ll feel loved like i said

in the event that i die tomorrow...
love me today. Smile at me like an innocent girl smiles at her doll
call me and maybe we can take a stroll...
..down memory lane, perhaps correct our mistakes
move that forced puzzle piece into the right place
then it'll be complete, I'll be complete
and when i lie there in my final resting place
il know that dead or alive, beaming or frozen
I'm as fortunate as a kid who has won a token
a token to love. The words spoken!

xo,TheFashionPoet

No comments:

Post a Comment